Friday, August 13, 2010

Maria Callas-LAST INTERVIEW part 4-8

Part of the reason people love Maria Callas so much is undoubtedly her passion for singing and a true sense of acting. Callas was a sensible woman, who played nearly thousand roles during her career. She found many versions of herself in the dramatic roles she played. Whatever happened to Callas in reality, she never stopped being herself, or afraid of speaking out her mind. Here are some examples of her quotes:


----"An opera begins long before the curtain goes up and ends long after it has come down. It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life, and it stays part of my life long after I've left the opera house."


----"Don't talk to me about rules, dear. Wherever I stay I make the goddam rules."


----"First I lost my voice, then I lost my figure and then I lost Onassis."

----"Good teachers make the best of a pupil's means; great teachers foresee a pupil's ends."


----"I am not an angel and do not pretend to be. That is not one of my roles. But I am not the devil either. I am a woman and a serious artist, and I would like so to be judged."


----"I cannot switch my voice. My voice is not like an elevator going up and down."


Maria Callas-LAST INTERVIEW part 4



Maria Callas-LAST INTERVIEW part 5



Maria Callas-LAST INTERVIEW part 6



Maria Callas-LAST INTERVIEW part 7



Maria Callas-LAST INTERVIEW part 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESVA!