Monday, August 16, 2010

The most amazing Vocal Work Shop

Last weekend I attended a Vocal Works Shop, and it. was. amazing. At first I was very skeptical, I thought this was going to be just another vocal AA meeting-"Hello, my name is xxx and I love to sing..." The work shop started from some quick vocal exercises to A Cappella. The people, came from all background, some were more familiar with each other than others. The process of learning a short song can be amazingly efficient. Only a few minutes on each, we managed to go through several songs in less than 30 minutes. Some people brought in songs to teach the group, again I was amazed at our natural talent in learning and singing something so quickly. The work shop was "paper less", even though there were sheet music involved. People who came in with their own songs, taught others to sing the way they did, it was interesting learning songs with different teachers in different styles . My favorite part of the workshop was when people all sang the same note together, first the same key, different duration then everyone stood up, eyes closed, sang anything came to the mind like free-range Turkeys. When our visual sensor is taken away, we rely on other sensors- hearing, motion change, etc. Anyway, I could hear everyone, and I was not afraid of contributing my own voice in find that harmony within the whole composition. It was so amazing, I actually teared up when we opened our eyes. I recommend this between couples as well. Anyone can do this exercise. It's all about trusting in others and relax our inner senses.
Below is song brought in by one of the singers. It's a poem by Emily Dickinson, and it was amazing singing it with a room full of people. Never give up hope:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

ESVA!