Monday, August 16, 2010

Something isn't meant to happen at age 8



Ok, I just had say something. I came across this today. It's an obvious young and talent girl singing "Oh mio babino caro". Anyone who has vocal background would NOT have done this to their kid. Maybe to most people, this young girl processes the kind of beautiful, mature voice that almost mimics Dame Fleming. But she is no Fleming. Not that I am being overly critical, this girl is obviously well stage trained; she is confident and vocally articulate. However, when you listen to how she is singing, you will hear that she's trained to suppress her vocal muscle, in order to produce a broader, more colored voice. Everyone can do it, but it is extremely dangerous as such habit can result in permanent vocal damage. People are pushing this girl so hard on stage, that they are trying to force a "moment" on her while she is eternally NOT ready. If she continues vocalizing like this, a sad ending is almost eminent. The media is on its quest to generate younger and younger stars, targeting audience's interest in younger talent. This girl is too young and confused to understand that right now, when she does one day, it maybe too late. People shouldn't do this to someone so talented and defenseless! It hurts me to see that...Something isn't meant to happen at age 8.

4 comments:

  1. Ack! The tears in my eyes are not because of beauty, but the strain I hear in her unhealthy vocal production! Suni you are so right. I foresee a lot of vocal lessons in her future to undo what's she's doing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...What would Holly say? I don't think she 's capable of tolerating this so I haven't showed her this particular video. She used Charlotte Church as an example when we had a discussion about this. At end, they might win a 15 sec fame, but they would forever lose their voice. ..Thanks, Conie :) I will give you a ring if I am in town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...suni,you know what ?! You are quite right.
    I have a special name(actually a lot of bad names) for these pseudo producers who prey on growing talents like these at such a tender age just to make a quick buck -Heartless Bastards !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, too. Diogo. I know this girl is probably making her parents real proud, I just wish someone with actual ability to influence would put a stop to it, perhaps she will be able to appreciate it later in her life, consider how many "young talents" have faded away...

    ReplyDelete

ESVA!